Moments With Mercy - Interview With Rachel Boston

Hey y'all, I'm so excited to share this interview with you guys! I've been a fan of Rachel Boston since I saw her in "Ice Sculpture Christmas" Rachel has a new movie premiering on Hallmark Channel this weekend called "A Rose For Christmas" and I thought this would be a great time to interview her. So without further ado, let me tell you a little bit about her.



"Rachel Elizabeth Boston (born May 9, 1982) is an American actress and producer. Boston had leading roles in a number of independent films, and was a regular cast member in several television series. She starred in the NBC drama series, American Dreams as Beth Mason from 2002 to 2005, and later co-starred in the short-lived CBS sitcom The Ex List and on the USA Network series In Plain Sight. From 2013 to 2014, Boston starred as Ingrid Beauchamp in the Lifetime fantasy-drama series, Witches of East End."

And now for the interview.

1. What made you want to become an actress?
"I started performing in church plays when I was 7, and something just clicked. I loved it. I moved to NYC from a mountain in Tennessee when I was 17, and started studying and working in the theater and that led to a series in Los Angeles. I feel very fortunate to do what I love every day."

2. What is your favorite part of being in Hallmark films?
"When I first started reading scripts from Hallmark, I was inspired to see so many stories focused on family and faith. They are uplifting and hopeful, and I'm very happy to be part of that. And the people at the network are absolutely wonderful. It becomes a TV family."

3. What is the funniest thing that has happened while filming a movie?
"We were filming a movie called Stop the Wedding during the winter in Canada and the house we were shooting in had a sauna. I was freezing so I turned the sauna on and jumped in while we were on a break. I wasn't in there for long, but when I walked out, I looked like a lobster. It turned my face bright red. My makeup artist was kinda mad but she also couldn't stop laughing at me :)"

4. What is something most people don't know about you?
"I love to travel.  I don't always know when I'm going to have time off so it's often spontaneous and sometimes I go alone. I really enjoy meeting people from different cultures. I just got back from Korea. But I also take little road trips on the weekend when I can. I bring some books and a journal and set out to see new places."

5. What is your dream role?
"I'm hoping to either dive back into the supernatural world or a series with stunts again. I enjoy playing complex women who are driven by something to make the world a better place. I played a detective in a series a few years ago and loved it. Those are the women and roles that inspire me. We also have an angel project in development, and I'm very excited about that! And I always love a good romantic comedy."

6. What trait do you like most about your character?
"In “A Rose For Christmas,” I play a woman who is very protective and has to step out of her comfort zone and find her strength and lead a team for the first time for The Rose Parade. Every day
was different on set. One day I would be welding or painting or ice skating and then playing football. It's a fun role."
Rachel and her Co-star Marc Bendavid in "A Rose For Christmas

7. What is some advice you'd give an aspiring actress?
"Figure out what your message is. What do you want to say with your work? If you keep your eyes fixed on that, it makes this industry a lot easier to navigate. And also drink a lot of water, stay focused, and only date boys who are nice to you."

8. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
"I love Christmas music, and since I started making Christmas movies, I get even more excited about all of it. I enjoy spending time with my family and going to a candlelight service, hiking, and watching movies by the fire. I spent this holiday on the mountain where I grew up so we had a very merry country Christmas."

Rachel, thank you so much for doing this!  Readers, I hope you enjoyed. And remember,



A Rose For Christmas premiers
Sunday, January 1st 8:00 pm / 7:00c!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments With Mercy - Interview With Paul Greene!

Moments With Mercy - Interview With Andrew Walker

Moments With Mercy - Interview with Jesse Hutch!