Moments With Mercy - Interview With Megan Ory

Hey y'all,  I am so excited to share this interview with you guys!  Before we get started, let me tell you a little bit about Megan Ory.

"Meghan Ory is a Canadian actress, she was born in Victoria, British Columbia. She Started acting in theater before her teens, but was prohibited by her mother-a drama teacher-from auditioning for film and TV roles until she could pay for her own head shots. She also made film debut in The Darklings, a 1999 cable movie starring Suzanne Somers and Timothy Bus-field. She Has written a series of teen books called Chronicles of the Girl Wars, inspired by her experiences in high school, that she has described as "Mean Girls meets Ugly Betty." She and her husband were accepted to study Shakespeare at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London in the summer of 2012."

And now for the interview.

1. How did you get started in acting?
My mom was a drama Teacher and she taught me to do mime when I was 3. I did my first play when I was 5 (in French!) and have been hooked since then.

2. What is the most challenging thing about working in TV?
Probably the hours. It's a really fun and fantastic job but the hours are long. Some days are 16 hours and you get delirious at that point; or super hyper from all the coffee!

3. What influenced you to join the cast of Chesapeake Shores?
I really loved the idea of doing a family drama. There are so many great stories to tell and everyone can find something to relate to when it comes to family dynamics. And in a family of 5 kids there's always some sort of drama going on!

4. Are you presently working on any new projects?
My current project is called summer vacation!

5. What is something most people don't know about you?
Most people don't know that I'm left handed and also that I'm an amazing parallel-parker!

6. Was there any other role you would have been willing to play in Chesapeake Shores if not cast as Abby O'Brien?
It's a boring answer but I think the casting of the show is so perfect I couldn't imagine being in anyone else's role.

7. How does it feel to be the "big sister" among your O'Brien siblings?
I am a big sister so it comes quite easily to me. However, on Chesapeake Shores I really loving having 4 little siblings I get to boss around, in real life I only have 1!

8. Who is your role model?
I am blessed to have many strong women in my life. My grandmother and my mom have been huge inspirations to me in my life.

9. Have you ever considered filming a Hallmark Channel movie with your husband as your lead?
My husband and I actually did a hallmark miniseries together called Merlin’s Apprentice about 11 years ago. I would definitely love the chance to work with him again though; he's pretty dreamy!

10. What is your dream role?
I love Shakespeare and have always wanted to play Viola in 12th night. Strong female
characters are my favorite.

Megan, thank you so much for doing this.  Readers, I hope you enjoyed!
~Mercy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments With Mercy - Interview With Paul Greene!

Moments With Mercy - Interview With Andrew Walker

Moments With Mercy - Interview with Jesse Hutch!