Interview With Bodie Hodge

Hey y'all,  If it seems like I'm interviewing a bunch of creationists well, I am :) Today I am interviewing Bodie Hodge.  I also got to meet Bodie at the Answers Mega Conference, but, I wasn't able to get a picture with him.

Let me tell you a little bit about Bodie Hodge.


"A speaker, author, and researcher for Answers in Genesis, Bodie Hodge has a master’s degree in mechanical engineering from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale."

Here is the interview.


1. Tell us about you and your family.

"Hi Mercy

Let’s start with my family. I am married to Renee, and we have four wonderful children, three girls and one boy. My boy is the second oldest.  We currently live in Kentucky.

I am originally from Illinois and am trained as a mechanical/materials engineer, although, my interests have always been in history and the Bible. I moved out to Kentucky in 2003 to work at Answers in Genesis and have been a speaker, writer and researcher for many years. I have contributed to many books, dvds, and articles for Answers in Genesis. "


2. When did you get saved?

"Well I got saved when I was 9 years old with the help of a pastor, Tom Ross, at a little church in Illinois. This would have been in September of 1983. But I really didn’t grow much in my faith until I was teaching at the university."




3. How did you get involved with AIG?
"I began running a website answering apologetics questions for youth. I had often used AiG’s website and would take the technical articles and summarize them for the kids, so they didn’t have to read hefty technical papers but get the “jist” of the answer. Of course I recommended the website a lot and there are a lot of laymen friendly articles too.  

But one day I hopped on the website and they had a listing of job openings. One was to answer email, snail mail, and phone calls from a biblical and scientific perspective. I had essentially been doing that for fun! So I applied and after a rigorous interview process, I was offered the job. "


4. Have you been to Australia?
"I have. My wife is from Australia and I have been back with her 3 times. Three of our four kids have been to Australia but finances will be tight to fly 4 kids over, so I don’t foresee us going to Australia anytime soon unless something changes.

Australia is beautiful by the way, but be careful if you ever go – just about anything can kill you—snakes, jellyfish, crocodiles, insects, spiders, and so on. Not to mention driving on the left side of the road being such a challenge!"



5. What is your favorite Bible verse?
"I don’t have one. I have many, but more specifically I have favorite chapters/sections. I love Genesis 1-11 (even the genealogies!); Romans 1, John 1, Colossians 1, Hebrews 1, Luke 21, Revelation 1:1-9, 20-21…and so many more I can’t list them!"

6. What is your most asked question regarding creation vs evolution?
"I would say five different questions compete in given years:


Where did Cain get his wife?

What about Satan?

Why is there death and suffering?

How do we know the Bible is true?  

What about dinosaurs?

Here are links/books that answer these:





7. What is the goal of building the ark?

"As in all that we do at AiG, our primary goal is the gospel of Jesus Christ and spreading this good news. The Ark, though it has incredible value as…

  • a structure
  • and to answer questions about the Ark
  • and how animals could fit
  • and what are kinds
  • and the reality of the Flood…

is still to be focused on reaching the lost. Just as there was one door to enter to be saved from the Flood, so there is only one door to be saved for all eternity and Jesus describes Himself as that door (John 10:9)."



8. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things (besides family and the Bible) would you want to have with you?

"
1. Satellite phone with a built-in GPS

2. Cord to charge it

3. Solar recharging station to plug the cord into!

Naturally, these are probably not going to be on my person if such an incident were to happen. So let’s go with a knife, flint fire-starter and either a blanket or a decent pair of goggles."



9. What is your favorite subject to speak on?



"Biblical authority with the subtopics of dinosaurs and the Tower of Babel. These are my favorite. In both cases they rely on discussing the authority of the Bible in all areas, whether it is dinosaurs or the Tower of Babel. So the underlying topic is always biblical authority, but the surficial talks would be about dinos or the Tower."



10. Who is your Biblical hero?

"Outside of Christ, who is the ultimate hero, I still like Joseph; though John and Job both compete with that top spot."


Bodie, thank you SO much for doing this! Readers, I hope you enjoyed.

Thanks for reading.
~Mercy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments With Mercy - Interview With Paul Greene!

Moments With Mercy - Interview With Andrew Walker

Moments With Mercy - Interview with Jesse Hutch!