Interview With Tabitha Helzerman!

Hey y'all,
I was recently able to do an interview with Tabitha Helzerman!  Tabitha is a missionary's daughter, and we actually knew the Helzermans about 10 years ago. :)

Here is the interview.

1. How/when did you get saved? 
 "I was saved at the age of 12 on August 29th, 2010. It was at a church in New York."
Tabitha and her baby sister!

2. Tell us about your family.
"I am the oldest of 8 children. I have 2 younger(Titus, and Samuel) brothers and 5 younger sisters (Hadassah, Grace, Hope, Serenity, and Glory)My parents are Mark and Christi Helzerman."

3. Tell us a little bit about the mission field you're serving in.
"We are working in Kaintiba, Gulf Province, Papua New Guinea. Kaintiba is a government station. From time to time, funds come in from the government, so it is not exactly a village. The only way to get out and/or in is by the grass airstrip or walking. It's a three-day walk to any sort of civilization. We have started a Bible-Believing church and it is now under a National Pastor."

4. What is your favorite Bible verse?
My favorite Bible verse is Jude 22 "And of some have compassion, making a difference: "

5. What do you like to do in your free time?
"I read, help with my little sister, Glory (a almost 4-month old), swim at the river here, sew, and play with our dogs in my free time."

6. What is your favorite part of being on the mission field?
"My favorite part of being on the mission field is interacting with the people. Sometimes on Thursdays I help the clinic workers with prenatal checks for expectant mothers. On Tuesday afternoons, I meet with some girls for Girls Club. I enjoy both of these very much!"

7. Have you had any strange foods in PNG?
"The strangest food I've had is probably grasshoppers that we caught and cooked over our stove fire. They were actually pretty good. I've also tasted rat."

8. What was the hardest thing to adjust to in a foreign country?
"The hardest thing to adjust to was probably the heat. We lived for 13 months in Kerema (a three-day walk or 10 minute flight from Kaintiba). It is along the coast and a lot hotter than Kaintiba, which is in the mountains. Now, though, we are so adjusted to the heat that we are wearing sweaters at 68°F!"

9. What do you miss the most about America?
"I miss being able to go to a Walmart in a close proximity. We have little canteen stores here in Kaintiba. My dad or my mom goes out to the capital about every 2 months to buy supplies. There are big (to us) stores there."

10. Have you had any scary experiences in PNG? 
" Once, while we were still in Kerema there was a rascal guy and he tried to hurt my brother. That was a pretty scary experience. Kerema is a lot more dangerous than here."

Tabtha, Thank you so much for doing this, it was fun.  Readers, I hope you enjoyed!
Check back later for some new interviews.
~Mercy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments With Mercy - Interview With Paul Greene!

Moments With Mercy - Interview With Andrew Walker

Moments With Mercy - Interview with Jesse Hutch!